About the Archives
The Brome County Historical Society maintains an impressive collection of archival materials, including photographs, church records, pioneer papers, newspapers, family files, maps, books, and much more.
$10 entrance fee plus hourly charge for assistance. By appointment.
What to research?
- Indexed inventories of original pioneer papers
- Microfilm of census records
- Microfilm of church records protestant and catholic
- plus alphabetical extracts for Brome & Missisquoi Counties
- Family Group charts, family files
- Lists of Cemetery Inscriptions and more……..
The BCHS is part of the Eastern Townships Archives Portal!
The Eastern Townships Archives Portal (ETAP) database brings together archival descriptions from historical societies and archives repositories from across the Eastern Townships of Quebec. Here, you will be able to dig into the rich history of the region by searching through records such as personal letters and diaries, business records, minute books from organizations, church registers, photographs, postcards, and maps.
You can access the ETAP by clicking here: http://www.townshipsarchives.ca/